"Chirping" clutch..

My 94 "Aussie Spec" with 110K Km, has developed an odd "chirp" sound. It occurs intermittently when the clutch is released while changing up gears. The car is running just fine other than that. Anyone got any ideas on where to begin looking?

Reply to
Mal Osborne

It could of course be a lubrication / linkage issue mechanically but assuming you're getting this sound from under the hood, I'd check your belts. I know that may sound unrelated but I believe when the engine is torqued (releasing the clutch) that a belt with marginal grip will sometimes chirp (loose traction for a second before catching back up to speed). It's worth a shot.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

You probably need to grease the slave cylinder linkage, where the piston attaches to the lever, unless you have already checked that.

Pat

Reply to
pws