Cover recomendations?

Unfortunately my car is left sitting all to often and I was thinking of getting a cover to keep the water marks and dust off. Any recommendations for/against specific covers?

thanks, jim

Reply to
Jim

My first two covers were Ultralon - I was very happy with them but it is no longer made. My last one is Weathershield (WS) which is also very good. It folds up into a very small space, is VERY water proof (better than Ultralon), and has a a tight elastic on the bottom (important to keep it on during wind). The Ultralon was heavier but did fold up nicely. The WS is lighter and "slippier," which means that it is harder to put on - but it is amazingly waterproof. If, around the side mirrors, a small pocket is formed in the cover rain will puddle in that pocket and not seep thru.

I've had no experience with others.

Lester Welch

97R, #43/47
Reply to
L&J Welch

I have a Weathershield as well and am very happy with it. Best feature is it is washable.

Reply to
blizard

I prefer the Nextec "weather shield": bombproof, lightweight and really sheds the water.

got mine through Covercraft at

also offers most of the other cover fabrics. There is a good cover fabric comparison on this website.

Jim wrote:

Reply to
RichH