Dripping water when air conditioner is on?

My '97 miata drips water from under the right side of the passenger side dash when I use the air conditioner. Help!

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Smith

Thanks very much.

Hmmm. I checked and the hose was hooked up and clear. I also checked to see that the tray funnel>Most likely the drain hose has become dislodged from the bottom of the

Reply to
Dave Smith

I had the same problem two years in a row in my '93 (who just broke 100,000 miles, BTW). The rubber tube down to the ground is usually clear. Be careful poking anything down it; you may puncture it. After paying a mechanic to blow out the condenser (the box where the rubber tube goes), I poked a plastic straw up the hole and apparently moved aside some schmutz or fluff or insulation, got about a pint out, no problem since. I think it's a matter of periodically moving the foof around in that box (don't wanna open it).

Reply to
Old Cranky