Ever had your car repainted?

My 92 has a few door dings and a bit of bubbly rust around the rear wheels. How much should I expect to pay for a nice paint and body work? How much did you pay and what area of the country do you live?.............................TIA Joe

Reply to
Joe Drees

A crap paint job AKA Maaco is about $400. These works of wonder paint jobs are guaranteed for one year (to not fade, have you ever seen a cars paintwork fade in one year?). A quality paint job of the same calibre that came on a new car is about $1,500 with any body work being above and beyond that. A true quality job of show car standards can cost upward of $4,000 here in Canada. Note that the "bubbly rust" you are referring to is actually a perforation. I probe with a slim sharp object will usually indicate that it has eaten right through. The damage usually is more extensive than a few bubbles which are only a minor indication of more serious underlying corrosion. Lugnut

Reply to
torque wrench

Sounds like my '91 Miata is in similar condition to yours. Last week I obtained four quotes to have the necessary bodywork done and the car painted. The quotes ranged from $1400 to $3000 (Canadian). Peter Murphy.

Reply to
Peter Murphy