fog light installation

hi everyone, I would like to know if there is any long term problems if you wire fog lights to the parking light wire instead of wiring through a relay OR could I just wire the relay through the parking lights fuse box using the relay switch. Any sugestions would be helpful. Thanks for any and all replies.

Reply to
forgetitgary

forgetitgary,

Depending on the current requirements of the fog lights being added, you may exceed the rating of the existing fuse, which means you may be chaging fuses often, or if you change to a higher-rated fuse, you run the risk of fire. It's safer to wire the fog lights with an appropriate relay.

Mike "Red '97" Verive snipped-for-privacy@mverive.com

Reply to
Michael Verive

Most states have regulations that require the fog/driving lights to be off when these lights are on. Use a relay from the battery to the fog/driving lights with the energizing circuit tapped into the parking lights (with a loop back to a dash mounted switch to control it).

Have any miata drivers cross relayed (> hi everyone,

Reply to
RichH