I know nothing about blue lights

I've just got a 90 MX-6 for commuting and, this being the only Mazda ng, I'll ask to trouble you for a few questions.

I'm replacing one of the headlights and would like a little more depth. Do the blue bulbs work? If you've had experience with them, which brand/type to use? I've heard some pull current/burn wiring, true? Do they come in highbeam only configuration- which I'd prefer?

Also any automatic owners willing to tell me what the "Hold" is for.

What's the prefered manual Chilton or other?

thanks for patience, jon

Reply to
Jon and Cindy

Take a look at

HTH, Jim

Reply to
Jim

No they don't work. If anything they are worse because they filter out light to get that blue look to them. What is even more stupid is that they cost more than other bulbs that put out more light.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

That's a good Q. I'm so disappointed in the Chilton and Haynes manuals today. They lump so many models and years together that I often find the instructions less than perfect. In the old days (80's), Chilton's was spot on.

Doug

Reply to
Doug