I was reminded...

There air conditioner in my '96 is highly effective, as effective in Dallas'

100 degree summers as that of any other car, I think.
Reply to
Frank Berger

Uh...Bob Marley? :-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

My 2004 AC is not as cold as I would like for it to be. I don't know if it is just the way a convertible feels or if the new AC's are just not as efficient. I think it is a function of the convertible, because the air coming directly out of the vents seems cool enough. The cab just doesn't get real cool. I have not owned a convertible since 1969 and it was a Sunbeam Alpine with no AC.

JohnnyA

Reply to
johnnya

Last night I took the back roads coming home from a meeting and was reminded again why I bought a Miata and why I put up with a small trunk, seats that don't recline, and an airconditioner that barely works.....

It was 70 degrees, the moon was almost full, the top was down, Clapton and BB King were on the stereo, and I was rolling along a twisty two-lane. Up and down through the gears, singing the blues along with Clapton, feeling the wind, smelling the smells of a SoCal desert - What could be better!

Randy

Reply to
Randy Maheux

The AC was a big worry for me because I live in Houston - Heat Hell Capital of The World. I have a 2003 that I bought in the winter, and come summer I was delighted that the AC worked great but - I do keep it on recycle, not outside air. This is my first ever convertable and I couldn't be happier.

Reply to
Carol

Or Uh...Bob Seger and Roy Orbison? :-) ~Cissy My '90 Mazda Miata I love PC adventure games

Reply to
Expmiata

I can get the cab to get real cool by closing the vents, slide the air control alllllll the way over to the left and have the fan on high. Cools the cab down real fast. After I am freezing , then I open the vents and put the slider to vent on feet and torso.

:-D ~Cissy My '90 Mazda Miata I love PC adventure games

Reply to
Expmiata

Man, you guys highjacked this post right back where it was originally intended!

Anyways, I think allot of us are so impressed with the miata a/c that we hate to think of anyone saying thiers is marginal.

Your dealer is wrong! If the a/c is working right, it will / can freeze you out.

Now, John Hiatt, Tracy Chapman, Lyle.......

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I had a '96 and the AC worked very well, black vinyl top and all. My 2003 is a Special Edition with a grey colored cloth top. The cockpit seems much warmer than my old Miata and I find myself using the AC much more often. When I do use it, I put it on full cold and recirculate but the car does not cool down. At a guess, it probably doesn't cool more than 10 degrees below the outside air. The dealer says there is nothing wrong, of cource, but I am still sweating more in the car than out. I don't know if the cloth top makes a difference, or if the newer AC system just doesn't work as well. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Reply to
Randy Maheux