That Charger I was thinking of buying.

Looks like it might happen. I'm going to get someone to check it out this week. If all is ok I'm going to get my brother to take the cash over and pick it up. I'll fly over to Melbourne to pick it up. Sold my apartment on the weekend and I've cleared it all through wifey. I'm so excited.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Have you got any mods planned already?

:P

Reply to
REMUS

yes he's going to put a red top in it, and cams and zorst.

Reply to
Theo

good for 300 bhp and 350 lb/s of torque no doubt...

Reply to
REMUS

rather than a 9 litre engine and 400 snorters :)

Reply to
Theo

LPG conversion. Incar PC. Eventual plan involves twin turbo existing V8 or dropping in a 450hp Supra motor. It already has a 5.8 litre V8. Maybe NOS.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Oh yeah. Custom plates. EVIL 72

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

noooo u cant put that supra engine in... criminal

Reply to
Theo

Don't turbo charge it... supercharge it!

Reply to
REMUS

With a plunger on the gearstick to kick it in.

(Yes, I know you can't do that, but it's an awesome idea)

Reply to
SteveH

Actually you probably can with a modded aircon clutch.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Hmmm, I suppose you could.

Would even a modded aircon clutch be able to withstand the stresses of a 'charger?

Reply to
SteveH

You could have the charger spinning and vent the boost till you pressed something down (G40s vent most of there boost back to the charger unless you are on full throttle through this flap

Depresion

Don't see why not. It would be running off the same belt your airconditioner would be. It'd just be turning a blower instead of an aircon compressor. It's still a lot of work for much reward. If I was going a blower it'd be a centrifigal type anyway. I much prefer turbos. No power to run them and you still get loads of low down torque with the right combo.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

We will be watching your lines. Go go go ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Do both, supercharger with small pulley to give loads of bottom end torque. At higher revs the supercharger disengages and you have a huge turbo for loads of top end power. All the torque of a supercharged engine with all the top end power of a big turbo engine with no lag :-)

Reply to
Homer

Sounds expensive!

I would have thought a bi turbo similar to the bmw diesel featured on top gear a while ago would be a more cost effective option.

T25 and a T66 or something like that?

Reply to
REMUS

That has its advantages. Went to a meeting this weekend: kind of how (expensif) stuff works for big kids.

Was informed that the superchargers on the McLaren Mercedes SLR take about 120 HP at full chat. 120 ponies is allready a bloody herd...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

In all fairness, that's a tad smaller than a big block V8.

Reply to
SteveH

works on my micra fine!

Reply to