Mazda 3 and Mazda Canada

While I love my one-month old Mazda 3, I detest Mazda Canada. After 2 1/2 weeks of owning my M3, I noticed a ticking noise when I pressed on the gas pedal. Took it in for a check, 1 1/2 weeks later - it had become worse, and am told I need a new engine in my M3. Unbelievable after one month. Mazda Canada now has a prolonged backorder on the engine and I am stuck in a rental vehicle. I bloody detest Mazda Canada - they should put me in a new M3.

Reply to
BQ

They're fixing it and you have a vehicle to use while they're doing so, seems to me it could be MUCH worse.

Reply to
XS11E

It will be 6 weeks before I get my car back, and that according to the Service Manager is optimistic as the engine is on back order. I am making payments for a vehicle I don't have. I suppose it could be much worse, but at any rate, it is unfair and Mazda Canada needs to step up to the plate and rectify this. Do you know what they gave me for a rental vehicle - a Kia Rio - couldn't get much worse. I'm sorry but as a paying customer I deserve much better as do any other people that have this issue.

Reply to
BQ

First off don't refer to a Mazda 3 as an M3! While the Mazda is a totally repectable car in it's own right, you just don't hijack an industry icon to save typing a couple letters ;-) NOW.... I agree with XS11E, things could be much worse, iirc Mazda never did take care of the 99 #4 thrust bearing failure victims, did they?

But, in your defense, you're right, they should put you in a Mazda 3 or give you a new car, the KIA is adding embarrasement to injury and insult! Go and make your demand, write a few letters and see what you can do. If that doesn't work, come back here and to miata.net and run a letter writing campaign in support of you getting proper service!

Go for it! Chris

99BBB >
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Dealership called today and they are putting me in a new Mazda 3 permanently. They will deal with Mazda Canada from here on out. My point in my original post was that I had the car 30 days, and by the time I would have it back, and that was an optimistic time frame from the companies, the dealership would have had my car longer than I had - something is seriously wrong with that. At any rate, I still say Mazda Canada sucks, but my dealership Rocks!

Reply to
BQ

Out of curiosity, which dealership and where in Canada? It sounds like one I would want to deal with!

Stuart H. Near Edmonton

Reply to
Stuart H.

Harris Mazda in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island - they are absolutely fantastic.

Reply to
BQ

That's good to hear!

Chris