Miata rear window kit

I recently purchased a rear window kit from emiata.com and just wanted everyone to please be careful in making your purchase. We read the directions very carefully and followed them to a T, but the outcome was not as we hoped it would be. We ending up investing in having the window installed by a local company. I wish we had a good outcome with emiata, but it was not a pleasant closure. I hope they will improve the directions and customer service, because it really drew our interest in seeking a replacement plastic window. Oh well, we all learn from our experiences in life. This is my daughter's car and we just wanted her to have good visibility when driving.

Reply to
yourreeka

Did the local company get it installed to your satisfaction?

I can see how it would be hard to install using only an adhesive on a sanded surface. Adhesives usually dry much too quickly or not nearly fast enough for a job like this.

It seems like sewing it in and sealing the holes would be a better way to install it. I am wondering if that is what the shop did.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Perhaps you could be more specific in what went wrong?

Reply to
Frank Berger