Oil Level

Filling oil half inch over upper line on dipstick...is this too much overfill?

Reply to
toot

yes too much! upper line is max!

"toot" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Ronald

Reply to
jchristman

The end towards the top of the stick (where you grab and pull) is the "full" line. Keep in mind that the difference between the lower and upper mark is not one quart; it's less. That means if you pop in a quart when you are at the lower limit, you will certainly overfill it. This is true on my '90 and I don't know if it has changed in newer years.

One other thought: you should be checking it often enough (on a level surface) so it does not ever get to the bottom mark.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Stoorza

Reply to
jchristman

Take the lower value. The other side scraped oil off something it touched.

Pulling it out quickly seems to help me.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Reply to