Radio Code

I bought a used radio for a 2000 Mazda Protege. It will likely need a code to unlock it once installed. There is a procedure that works for my Miata radio (easily found on the internet), but I haven't found one for the Protege radio.

Does anyone know where I can find the general code to unlock this radio?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
KWS

YES, there is, but once we tell you then we have to ,(well you know the rest) !

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Yes, there is, I just don't remember what it is. I'm sure someone here can send it to you at your E-mail address, just not on line.

Bruce

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Actually, Bruce, there is even better news. I had to crawl along with Google until I found this. Future searchers of Mazda radio codes, please take note:

Ken

p.s. > YES, there is, but once we tell you then we have to ,(well you know the > rest) ! >

Reply to
KWS

Yes, the radio does not come from the factory with a code in it. (early Miatas ie NA) They leave it up to the owner to put one in. (Honda and others have a code and YOU can't change it ! ) Mazda lets you pick your numbers however, many owners do not know that and never put a code in the radio. NB Bose, will not respond to the method that is in the shop manual on how to set a code. :-) It just does not know what you are trying to do with the buttons. The 2003 shop manual has 3 pages telling you how to SET the code and how to CHANGE the code. None of it works on a 2003 Bose radio ! Just a printing error I guess.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

That info. is in the garage section of miata.net I was just trying to follow the shop manual on mine so I would not get left out with a radio that I couldn't use with out pulling it to get the S/N

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Does anyone know *why* Bose is always using low impedance speakers? They must have some justification for bucking the standard.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

This is so non-technical:

So they can create a demand for something unique that they supply at higher cost and, presumably, higher margin?

Ken

Reply to
KWS

To match impedence with their output amps of course, the question would be why use low impedence output stages?

I can only guess it's related to KWS's answer, it prevents the customer from going elsewhere for parts?

Reply to
XS11E

You'll probably have to go to the dealer...

Reply to
Hachiroku