SL2 Rear Window Defroster not working??? Fuse?

Hi there,

My rear window defroster on my SL2 (93) is not working. I think (I hope) it's from a blown fuse, from myself just leaving it on all the time.

But before I assume that is what it is, I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had a similar experience and concurs.

To replace it, would I be replacing the fuse, or the relay, and can I get these parts at any store that sells tools/electronics/car parts?

Any tips as well? Thanks

Reply to
eb7g

eb7g

IMHO:

Open your fuse box and identify which fuse supplies power to your defroster. Remove and check fuse. If blown, take fuse to auto store and ask for a good fuse.

If fuse is good, then take a voltage accross your suppy wires. If you have no voltage, probly can assume a broken wire or relay. This is too complex to detail here for you.

If voltage check if you see visable breaks in teh heater lines, if so tell sales person at auto store your story and you should be able to pick up a drefroster line repair kit.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME