Replacement mufflers/replacement horns for a Miata 2002 LS

In my experience that's when it starts to fail first is when it's cold. I don't think it worked at all below 0F.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

There's no delay with the wicked-loud horns -- they're standard electric car horns driven by a relay. You're only going to see a delay with air horns where it takes a little time for the air-pump to rev-up and pressurize the dead-space in hoses.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Only once have I had any delay - and that was in the middle of a victory parade when I think they just plain overheated from being used too much. After a minute or two, they worked just fine again.

I live in eastern PA and our winters get somewhat brisk here but I have not noticed any problems with the cold causing a delay in activation.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

For the two sets I had, cold didn't cause a delay in activation, it caused the horns not to work. The diaphragms wouldn't oscillate, and all you would hear was a sort of raspy hissing not audible from more than a few feet away.

Reply to
Grant Edwards