subframe question

i recently got into an accident, resulting in the insurance company writing off my '90. so i'm shopping for a new miata.
my mechanic looked at a '96 for me. he was able to ascertain an
accident which resulted in damage to the front subframe & he recommends that it be replaced.
i bought another 90 for parts & the question i have is whether the front subframe from a 90-93 is interchangeable with the subframe on a '96.
thanks.
"i can spell. i just can't type."
barry wrote:

The same control arms fit all 1990-1997 subframes and the subframe does not have to be replaced during the 1.6 liter to 1.8 liter engine conversions, so I am about 99.9% certain that they are interchangeable, but that .1% would still have me looking at the part numbers to be certain.
This one is a 1990 that had the rear subframe swapped with one from a 1996 model, so we at least know that the rear is compatible for all of the M1 miatas.
http://miata.net/motm/2007/max.html
The people at www.planetmiata.com can probably tell you for certain on the compatibility of the front subframe.
Pat

thanks!