93 3.8 question

Ive got a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.8 and someone told me the 3.8 from the 93 mustang would fit it. i know ill have to change the heads and the timing chain cover and all that but will my heads fit that block? i know there where some small changes to the block in 96 but im not sure if they will preclude me from using the my heads, intake, etc. on the 93 block. anyone have any exp with this? thanks j

Reply to
h0pper

also anyone know where i would find the casting number on my block?

Reply to
h0pper

I think you need to clarify something here cause in 1993 there was no 3.8L available in the Mustang, only the 2.3L 4 cylinder and the 5.0L 8 cylinder.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

well i believe the guy told me it came out a 93 mustang. guess he didnt know what he was talking about. my basic question is the block from a 96 3.8 rwd interchangeable with the 3.8 block it replaced. thnx for the reply

Reply to
h0pper