Time for New Tires on the NC. Ideas?

I attended a motorcycle rally in Pigeon Forge many years back, it's a really fun place in a beautiful area of the country. We never did get to Dollywood but we had a wonderful time and got in some great riding.

The major disappointment was the so-called "Tail of the Dragon", a very mild road compared to some in the west.

Reply to
XS11E

There are hundreds if not thousands of great roads all the way up the Appalachians, nearly all of which are less crowded than the Dragon.

Shows what a zippy name will do for ya.

Reply to
Carbon

Not one of which I would drive any faster than is reasonably safe on a public roadway. If it was only me out there, that would be one thing. If I cause the death of someone else with my own high-speed driving on a road where others drive to commute, I would not be able to live with it.

Deals Gap has plenty of tight turns with big trees that will kill you just as nicely as a long fall down a cliff side.

The TN/NC border area is the most beautiful, (to me), part of the country I have been in yet. It is also where I spent the best 3 days of my life so far, and I had a lot of fun driving the roads there, it never occurred to me to compare them to anything else.

It's kind of hard to write off a place as lame in any way when it brings back such fond memories.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I think he's quoting prices for NB sized tires (15 inch). I found the specialty sized tires on the NC (45 series by 17 inch) carry a specialty sized price. A tick over $90 a pop with no mounting or balancing was about as cheap as I could find in the NC's rather odd 17 inch size.

Jim

Reply to
George Jetson

14" for my NA.