Timing Belt

How hard is it to replace a timing belt on a '97 Miata?? Also, if it breaks while driving do I damage the engine?

John

Reply to
jchristman

Look here:

fordetailed instructions. The Miata has a non-interference engine so if the belt goes, the car will simply stop.

Sounds like you need to spend some quality time at

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Thanks for the link, what a great page.

Reply to
jchristman

Check out this website for Miata timing belt change. Best one I've come across.

Michael Cain Sr.

No...

Reply to
Cliff Knight