Top down!

That got a good laugh out of me. Did you photo shop that yourself Kiernam?

I wish that I had HUGE TAK!'s e-mail address so I could send him this.

Pat

Reply to
pws

The dent in

familiar. Where did you get it? Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Darn!!! I just read over that. :(

I see that one, but I don't know what to do with it.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I would guess that is a bullet hole, probably from a handgun. Definitely not a .22 there, and probably not a magnum round.

Didn't someone take a shot at you one time Leon? I swear that I was nowhere in the vicinity.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Do you have reliable witnesses?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Come on Leon, do you really think I would MISS? That should be proof enough for you.....

Pat

Reply to
pws

I just got back from Austin today - went up there just to drive my favorite Austin route and Monday was ideal. I take 2222 out past 620 where it turns into Bullick Hollow, then left on 2769 to Lime Creek, then tear hell and leather all the way down it to 1431. Take a left and go past Nameless. About one click before Lago Vista there is a Texaco on the right. Their lunch counter sells some of the best taco al pastor I've ever eaten. I love getting out there on a weekday - much less traffic. Even got a little sunburn on my arms! I take the dog with me and he enjoys the ride as much as I do. ...is there a speed limit on Lime Creek? Ooops -Carol

Reply to
Carol

Are you talking about the Texaco in Jonestown? I have only been here two years and have never stopped in there, by then I am ready to finish out the 4 miles to Lago Vista. I will have to check them out.

You were approximately 10 minutes away from my house, I am very close to the intersection of 1431 and Lohman Ford. Scary, eh?

I could take Lime Creek Road every time I go into Austin and back, it ends up right where I need to be, but time and/or gas usually has me taking the shorter, much less exciting route.

If you really want to have fun, follow Chris D. sometime on Lime Creek. He acts like the cool voice of reason on here but he is Mad Max behind the wheel, pushing his miata to the absolute edge at all times. He even did a few jumps and some perfect 4-wheel drifts through the hairpin turns. I swear I even saw him up on 2 wheels at one point.

I gave up after about a mile. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Yes check out the Texaco lunch bar. I don't USUALLY make a habit of seeking out gas stations for great food but this stuff is the exception. And clean, too - you can see everything from the counter. (I don't know about the bathrooms ha!)

I would love to track Chris D. down Lime Creek. That way, if I hear a crash in front of me I'll know it's finally time to slow the hell down. I wish I had some sort of front seeing camera that can show me what is around each blind curve that way I would know when it was safe to go around it...yes...even FASTER!! I've invited a friend to take the ride with me but I told him he could only go if he promised not to keep yelling out "Brakes, woman. For the love of God USE THE BRAKES." He couldn't commit so it's just me and the dog enjoying the ride.

Had I known you were 10 minutes away I would have invited you over and bought you some tacos!

Reply to
Carol

Carol,

This ought to be something you can teach the pooch. If your local obedience school doesn't offer a "driving eye dog" component perhaps the driving school does! Viz. a bark for all-clear, a growl for back off the throttle, and soil on the seat for "we're dead mommy..."

Frank

Reply to
Frank

It is most excellent, I agree. Since the men's restroom is clean, (or should I say, was clean, until I used it, heh-heh), the women's should be too. I didn't use that one.

I can't believe that he has not struck back at me for that. He may be brewing up something good. There is no way that he is going to let me get away with calling him Mad Max.

if he promised not to

couldn't commit so it's just

I can't commit either, and the dog is probably better looking and more pleasant company, but I would never yell "brakes!".

A woman driving a miata inviting me over to buy me tacos, wow! Is it ok if I hit on you with some really lame pickup lines the next time you are there? ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Ha! My dog has two verbal contributions to the world. One, when I come home. If he hasn't gotten a treat within 2 minutes he throws his head back and howls like a coyote. Two, when I go to bed if he is laying on my side of the bed and I make him move he slowly urcurls and creeps to the other side of the bed like he's 89 and his arthritis is killing him. He lays down with a plop and gives me a loud "HRUMPH" like he's utterly disgusted by my behavior.

Reply to
Carol

On behalf of all women's room users, I sincerely thank you for your self restraint.

go if he promised not to

couldn't commit so it's just

The dog IS damned cute actually. He loves the Miata as much as I do. He pre-banks. When he feels a turn coming up he leeeeeans into before we get to it. He looks at me back over his shoulder and gives me a big drooly goofy grin. He's a great road dog.

I can just imagine: "My my little lady, that's some impressive tire pressure you've got there!" or "Can I condition those leather seats for you?" or maybe "I'd love to go for a drive with you with your top down!" hahaha OK I'll stop now.

Reply to
Carol

You are most welcome. I do what I can. :-)

That's cool, if I ever do see you out here, I hope to meet him as well.

Those are much better than mine! Thanks, now I have new material.

A funny, smart, dog-owning woman who drives a miata fast and makes no mention of husbands or boyfriends. If you hear someone crooning, "When a man loves a woman" outside your window at night, that will be me attempting to perform a serenade for you. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Whoa boy! I follow all traffic laws on public roads! And, by the way, you were never any distance in the rear view mirror sooooo, if I was flying, so were you brother!

Voice of reason?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I've invited a friend to take

Pat, This sounds like an offer you shouldn't pass up! A fast woman ;-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yeah, but I did a bit of catch-up in the straights, which didn't please me. I was still scared of that car and how suddenly the power came on compared to what I was used to, maybe I can do better next time and with some better tires too. Still, whether he wants to admit it or not, Chris is a damn good driver.

Ok, maybe THAT is going too far. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Chris, I still have some gray matter left, poorly though it may work.

If I ever pass up on such an offer, please come and put me out of my misery......

Pat

Reply to
pws

Oh dear, Pat. I HAVE failed to mention my beloved husband of 15 years. My 6'4", 250 lbs of muscle, .44 magnum concealed carry license owning husband. Probably because when I was shopping for my second Miata (which he thinks is a "cute little death trap on low profile wheels") his only comment was "Get a Hummer. A BIG one." He has vowed never to ride in my zoomzoom. I have vowed never to clean his bathroom. I think that is a fair trade. But that IS one of my favorite songs!!

Reply to
Carol

It's a good thing I have bad luck, or there wouldn't be any at all. He could always use me to mop the floor, I am not entirely worthless.

I will avoid all "hummer" jokes both out of respect for you and out of fear of your husband.

bathroom. I think

Hmmmm, he may be big and macho, but I keep a very clean house, (including the bathrooms), and love to ride in da tiny car. Are you sure you won't reconsider? You have been married 15 years, I have been divorced 15 years, it sounds like a match made in Heaven. ;-)

But that IS one of my favorite songs!!

It wouldn't be if you heard me sing it. Of course, I would expect the boom of the .44 before I got too far into it.

Now I am off to hear some of my favorites, such as:

""Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On the Bedpost Overnight?" "I Gave Her My Heart And A Diamond And She Clubbed Me With A Spade" "I Want A Beer As Cold As My Ex-Wife's Heart"

You know, the classics......

Pat

Reply to
pws