Top down!

Holy crap! Is it summertime there? How hot are summers?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

It is summertime there. And many places in Oz do get, shall we say, just a bit toasty. Not to mention dusty and dry. But, damn I'd like to be on Cable Beach now...

Reply to
John McGaw

Finally! Top down here as well. Just a few days ago I was riding to work using studded tires on my mountain bike. Took the opportunity to pick up a few of 8-foot 2x10s today. I would have rather been running Lime Creek Road.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

End of Summer here in Perth, had 43C a few days ago, (about 110C). Climate overall is similar to LA.

Reply to
Mal Osborne

Our first top-down day this year in the southwest...of France. Only

20C but brilliant sunshine and an excellent five course lunch. Twisty roads, no traffic, it doesn't get much better.

Harry et MaXin5 - retired in France

Reply to
hotclub57

Yeah, people are building like crazy out there.

I'm game, Sundays are always better than Saturdays for me, and it is time to give the thing a tune-up as well. Oil, spark plugs plugs, tranny fluid, diff. fluid, basically the works.

I hope that you don't plan to keep up. I have added a Vornado, fuel line magnets, and a HUGE TAK! since the last time you saw the car. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

John, I clicked on your website for the first time. Wow! It is interesting reading as well, and very well-written. I didn't finish it, but I will.

I also noticed that with all of your travels, you ended up in eastern TN, at least for now. I have not done anywhere close to the same amount of traveling, but the area that you are in is my favorite place in the country that I have been to so far.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Oh Shit, I must upgrade to keep up! Where did you find another HUGE TAK? That dude has no idea how many laughs we got outta that does he!?

Let's try to do it soon, Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

It's good here in England too. Dry for a week or so, and pretty warm for March. I've even put the alloys back on.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Thanks for the kind words. There are various reasons for me to wind up in this location, a low cost of living being one of the foremost.

Reply to
John McGaw

I have to admit, I took his. There just wasn't a TAK as HUGE as that one anywhere else to be found.

All in good fun, of course. The guy's legacy will live on forever. If I was him, "HUGETAK!" would be my handle.

Definitely, I'll tune 'er up this week.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I noticed that when I looked into moving there. You are also right next to the Appalachian Trail, which I plan to hike one day, though not the whole thing unless I become independently wealthy. :-)

Have you tried your hand at writing a book? (your site basically is one already). I am not trying to gush over you too much, but your stories and the way that they were presented held my interest more than many novels by established authors, and I read a lot of books.

Pat

Reply to
pws

No books in my future -- being an author demands too much concerted effort. On any given day I can get out of bed and make a mug of strong coffee which is obligatory. After that all other strenuous effort is optional.

Reply to
John McGaw

The furniture is beautiful. Simple, real wood. Hard to find stuff like that.

Reply to
Carbon

WOW !!! 110 C ????, now that is too hot to drive with the top down. :-)

I guess you ment 110 F.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

pws wrote in news:45f47a47$0$28128 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Be honest Pat, was it the writing, or the floral pattern on the Black Walnut and Fabric Screen

that really caught your eye??

Disclaimer: not a knock on your work John, I hope to do some furniture building in the future myself.. and your work looks great.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

Come on Bruce, that is only 230 degrees F.

We hit that each day during August in central Texas, and that's at night.....

Pat

Reply to
pws

I was really just hyping him up in hopes of saving on hotel bills next time I go to TN.

I actually had not looked at the furniture section yet, but I have nothing to say about about floral patterns when I have in my possession floral needlepoint stitchery kits, glitzy earrings and a peacock feather purse. :-)

There are 9 miata parts auctions up as well to keep this vaguely on-topic. Any need ABS front hubs or front control arms? Radiator fan and motor? More to come.

How about a Snap-On Tools 1/4 inch wrench tie clasp, nobody can live without that....

Pat

Reply to
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote: >

flavor flav car parts is where you goes cole lampin upstate to da poke a nose

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
W. Kiernan

Mr. Kiernam, you are the master! I am not worthy !

Gotta get one of those, Chris

99BBB w/o hugetak
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo