Top down!

82F today, no sign of rain in sight, DAMN I was tired of driving with the top up.....

I can't believe how much more I enjoy driving with the top down.. here's hoping it'll stay that way for a month or so now.

Reply to
XS11E

Damn You...

Reply to
Remove This

Would it help if I said I was sorry? Didn't think so, besides, I wouldn't mean it anyway! Hehehehe...

Reply to
XS11E

Sure, rub it in, why don't ya. It's 20F here and we got another inch of snow yesterday.

Iva & a very cold Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) turning blue with the cold #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

You had your top UP? Wassamada you? I have my top down at least a couple of times nearly every month. It is amazing what living half of your adult life in Alaska will do for you. One big thing is that any temperature above freezing when it isn't actually precipitating on you starts to look like top-down weather (even if you do have the heater running full blast).

Reply to
John McGaw

My wife convinced me that we'd need a hard top for our Miata because she didn't really want to hassle with the convertible during the long winters, but just a couple of days ago I realized the really bad part of a hard top. We had a brief foray into nice weather for a day and I'm sitting at work ready for a great drive home, but the hard top was on! Grrrr. It's time to take it off and just put the top up.

-- Mark

"nothing better than a black '97!"

Reply to
Mark

Literally perfect weather here today too, probably 75 degrees and sunny.

I told the boss to screw off and went for a LONG and spirited drive down Lime Creek Road and back. Chris D. knows what I'm talking about if he is still haunting this newsgroup. Tomorrow does not look good for work either, but I will have to pay for the gas eventually I guess.......

Don't worry, both me and XS11E will be paying for this nice weather soon when every metal part of the car that we touch gives us third-degree burns. I think that some of my skin is still attached to the black metal voodoo shift knob from August of last summer..... ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

That is what appeals to me so much about the folding retractable hardtop for the NC, never needing to take it off of the car when the weather turns from bad to nice during the day. Also, never worrying about storing it, whether on the road or not.

I just wish that it was somehow available for the NA and NB, but that wish will never come true.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Picking up our coupé tomorrow after work - about the time heavy rain is forecast in Chelmsford UK. I'll be sad to lose our 2002 because now it will take 12 seconds to drop or raise the roof instead of about 2 seconds which can be done whenever traffic stops. Can't wait for the aircon though. Our 2002 doesn't have it and when it is hot and wet it is really uncomfortable.

At the risk of being really seriously flamed has anyone tried taking a coupé through a carwash? Our 2002 is silver which doesn't need washing too often but the coupé is dark (stormy in the UK) blue and with UK weather being really variable and the car being used every day it is going to take a lot of cleaning.

Reply to
The Invisible Man

It was raining or threatening to do so for several weeks and my tonneau cover isn't very waterproof. It was also below 80F and we all know human life cannot exist below that temperature.

Reply to
XS11E

Well over 100F here, put the top up to avoid sunburn!

Reply to
Mal Osborne

100F is just getting comfortable!
Reply to
XS11E

You got it!

Chris,

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

OK, OK, OK! I got the message ! Just came back in he house after reading all the trash about "PUT YOUR TOP DOWN ! Sooooo I went out to the car, took the hard top off, opened the garage door and ran the car for about

20 min's. with the top down and the CD player up high ! My wife finaly came out and asked what the hell I was doing. (it's about 40 deg's. and rain out side.) A guy hast'a do what a guy hast'a do. Yes I had the top down today !!! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS (and dry too)

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

You guys have _tops_? Next thing you'll be telling me you've got windows on the sides too.

Wimps. 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

The Invisible Man wrote in news:45f0909f$0$81606 $ snipped-for-privacy@reader.news.newnet.co.uk:

I take my 94 thru the automatic washes occasionally. The paint job is far enough from pristine that I'm not concerned about the little abuse it may get from it. Most work OK, when I had the plastic window on the old top, I'd get water in the cabin some. Now w/ the zipperless top w/ glass window (Duetto), it's much less of an issue. Shouldn't have any problem with water leaks w/ a new coupe - tho I'd probably be a lot more concerned about the paint getting scratched up if I had a new shiny coupe..

I did have a problem at one place. The gas station closest to home has a touchless car wash that does some laser mapping of your car to determine where to shoot the water.. apparently, they didn't take small roadsters into account when they designed the system, because it couldn't find my car. I even got the store clerk out there trying to get it to work. He was actually in the wash area beside my car waving his arms around trying to get the thing to think he was a car, I guess. No dice. Had to get a refund on that one.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

Blah... It was 6F here thismorning. My poor Miata had a hard time starting...

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Technology is out friend !!!

Reply to
Remove This

Nice work Pat, hope you ran it once for me! Every time I run it it's less comfortable as the rich folks just keep throwing more and more houses out there and understandably give dirtier and dirtier looks to the drivers of vehicles they think might be breaking the speed limit out there.

Maybe we can do a real early morning run one of these weekends? Weather here is gorgeous too!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

That's funnier than s_ _ t!

I don't trust carwashes (including teenage fundraisers!) but understand some folks don't have the facilities and sometimes they are a necessary evil. The coupe shouldn't be any different than any closed car, I wouldn't think.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo