Reply to
Carol

  1. It's *really* ugly

Iva & ?

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

The interior isn't bad...

Too bad about the "pickup truck" front end, though.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

No opinion at all. Based on the pictures, I like it but based on the pictures I liked the Pontiac Solstice and I think it's one fugly hulk in person so I'll wait until I see the Dodge thingy in person.

Then I'll probably go out and not buy a brand new, shiny anything!

I *LIKE* my 1.6 NA and unless I find something nicer I'm sticking with it. The only "modification" I'm planning is sometime in the future I'll be replacing the top and I'll probably get the kind where I don't have to unzip the window to lower the top. I haven't yet decided if I'll go with the '99 and later mod or if I'll get a plastic window but I'll have to think about it fairly soon, I'm seeing some bad things in the fabric around my glass rear window. FWIW, Mike (of Mike's Place

says that he does NOT recommend glass windows and showed me a couple of Miatas that had the fabric around the back window rotted out. Apparently the just comfortably warm Phoenix sun is too much for the fabric? Any thoughts on this? Would I be better off with plastic? It's cheaper but will it discolor? FWIW, the car sits outside all the time.

Reply to
XS11E

You cannot make a decent convertible street-ready sports car for $15,000 in 2007, whatever unscrupulous vaporcar makers may suggest.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Think if I was going to drive a Dodge emon around, I would go for one like this:

It's not so Fugly.

Reply to
Mal Osborne

Reply to
Bipestuff

XS11E wrote: >

I think if you take good care of your plastic window it will wear out no sooner than your top. I used to carry two terry-cloth towels, and when I put top down, I'd lay one out on the rear deck, unzip the window, lay the second towel over the window and then lower the top. It sounds like a hassle but it only took a few seconds, and my plastic window still hadn't started to turn brown after thirteen years under Tampa sunlight.

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
W. Kiernan

That is about the best hit of a nail head with a hammer that I have ever seen.

Truly, truly a nasty vehicle.

Come on, there has to be someone here who likes it. I almost feel sorry for the poor Dodge, be it a concept car or not. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Nope, I kept them all. I am getting used to the extra power, but that's not why I bought it. I've always been more of a handling guy than a speed freak, and the 911 is how far I felt I had to go to keep a sports car feel in a four-seat car. I joked to the seller that I was probably the only guy around that delayed the purchase of a Porsche because I liked my Miata so much.

I've never quite thought of it in those terms, but after some thinking, I couldn't agree more.

Reply to
tooloud

The 911 is a nice car, it's too bad family requirements forced you to downgrade.....

Reply to
XS11E