Extended warrantees?

The warrantee on my '03 Mazda6 is going to expire in three months. Does anyone know if it's worth it to look into getting an extended warrantee at this point?

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

I have bought extended warranties in the past, but only on American cars. If your '03 has been a reliable car, as many Mazdas are, it's probably not worth the expense.

Also, every American car that I covered under extended warranty needed it eventually. This was for items which included a transmission and cylinder head gasket.

Ken

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

Reply to
KWS

It is alleged that KWS claimed:

Over all, it's been reliable. But there is also the fact that this is the first-year of the car. Plus, mine is from the first production run. In dietitian to the factory recall issues, about two years ago I needed my radiator replaced due to a very strange coolant leak.

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

My experience is that if you have a mazda extended warranty, be sure you SAVE ALL RECIEPTS for anything ever done. I got screwed because I missed saving 3 oil change reciepts after I changed over to synthetic oil, and it was $6000 to fix the bottom end of my motor. That was after it was recommended it would be a good thing to do.

Reply to
Forusto playwit

It is alleged that Forusto playwit claimed:

Was switching oils related at all to fixing the motor?

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan