1997 mercedes sl600 hood liner.

My hood liner is torn and i was thinking of replacing it with:

It looks nicer and looks like it would perform better. Any thoughts / suggestions? or should i replace it with an OEM replacement?

Reply to
strategicminds

You can't beat the price of JC Whitney, but you can sure beat the quality.

I purchased some new float valves for a 1968 Porsche and found metal shavings inside that I couldn't get out and ultimately had to order them from Los Angeles. Later I purchased some carpeting from them for a Volkswagen bug I was restoring that had 1/8" nap (thinly woven).

I personally wouldn't use Whitney for a parts source unless there was no other alternative. The reason I used them before was because I live in a town 60 miles from a decent parts store and they were the only source of parts.

Reply to
Don.