200T 124 series engine replacement

I am going to repalce my engine block as cylinder 3 has got damaged.

Question: The 200T has a different cylinder head to the saloon model i.e. the calmshaft is heavier. Can I use a saloon engine and my own cylinder head to make a new engine as I have access to a saloon engine but cannont locate one for a 200T.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The car is a 200T 124 series 1998 model. I am posting from Ireland.

Thanks Dom.

Reply to
Dom

Dom,

In my opinion is the only reason for the heavier cam the mounting of the hydraulic pump for the levelling of the rear axel. It should be possible to change only the cam and leave the cyl-head on.

Good luck

Frank (netherlands)

Dom wrote:

Reply to
Frank Sprengers

Thanks Frank,

I am doing the change over next weekend and I will post againg afterwards.

Dom

Reply to
Dom