Cleaning Center Console Wood

Hi Folks -

Anybody have a favorite product for cleaning/polishing the center console wood in a 1998 E320?

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leavy

A housemaid? ;-)

Reply to
Stratman

I am assuming you are talking about scratches on your center console...

Meguiar Plastic Polish will take it all out and stuns you with the beauty of the wood..

Reply to
Tiger

Hi Tiger -

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, I wasn't talking about the scratches because I just assumed you couldn't do anything about them. I was talking about general dirt and the dullness of the wood. Sounds like the plastic polish will take care of that as well though, and removing the scratches will be a bonus.

Do I need to add anything on top of it, or is it self-protective?

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leavy

Hi Tiger -

Are we talking about PlastX here?

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leavy

You could use that... I use the Pro series... Mirror Glaze.

(Mirror%20Glaze%20Brand)>Clear%20Plastic%20Care&sectionID=34101

Reply to
Tiger

No need to put anything on top of it... just keep it clean with a little bit of dish soap... like 1 teaspoon in 32 oz of water... to keep everything in the car clean. Dawn or Joy is my favorite.

Reply to
Tiger

Automotive glass cleaner, which is not the same as home glass cleaner.

McGuires seems to be the best by far IMO. Z

Reply to
Richard Sexton