Mustang vs. WRX

Hi all. Is there anyone of you significantly drove both a Mustang GT and a WRX? I have a 96 GT and I'm thinking of changing it for a 02-04 WRX Sedan. I live in Quebec and my Mustang is too stiff for our freaking horrible roads. So is the WRX would ride smoother?

Thanks.

\Senax

Reply to
Senax

Why not test drive one yourself?

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

The UK WRX is the best all rounder I have ever had, blasts through the hills at

90mph or tootles round town at 10mph. The suspension is superb with little body roll. but superb damping with no real harshness.

Mines better than the Audi A4 1.9Tdi i had & that was nice (& £7k more!) it didnt even come close to the performance of the Subaru!

Buy one mate, dont window shop!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

Make sure to test drive a STI while your at the dealership.

Reply to
Jim G

Reply to
lkreh

Reply to
gpatmac

I owned a 97' Mustang Cobra until I bought a 2002 WRX which I currently own. I found both performed similarly during the summer months with a slight edge to the Mustang when you stomp the gas (and the sound of that engine about 3000rpm was SWEEEET!), but during the winter and dicey conditions the Subaru is far, far superior. As Alberta weather is mostly winter with some warm days thrown in to make you discard the idea of living in an igloo year round, I would only go back to a Mustang if I moved south where it never snowed. So, I get the performance of my old Mustang in a car that is practical all year round.

Reply to
Uzi

I've got an STi which is noticibly stiffer than the WRX. There's no doubt you feel the road but it's worse at low speeds. At town or highway, you just get used to it. It's not THAT nasty and the handling you get is worlds above almost anything this side of a C6 Vette.

I live in western NY (near Buffalo), so I have intimate knowlege of horrible roads and attrotious conditions. I can't imagine driving a RWD Mustang during the winter. I don't care about traction control and

4 wheel sensors, RWD is OK on roads that get occasional snow. We occasionally have snow free roads here. I drive 4WD with snow tires, anything else is stupid !

As usual, opinionated (but usually right :)

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

If it's still a live issue, I was just going through some old car mags and realized the Mustang GT v. WRX article was in latest Sports Car International, not in Road & Track. I get too many car mags to keep it straight.

Reply to
lkreh