over fill motor oil

The mechanic over filled the motor oil by 2 quarts. I noticed loss power and drove the car for about 1K miles. Will this damage my car permanently?

Thanks

Reply to
R Wang

foam is not a good lubricant. the spinning crank acts like a blender as it hits the surface of the oil

i would guess YOUR OK.

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Drain the extra motor oil out immediately. You should be okay.

Reply to
Tiger

What would cause his power loss if the engine was not already damaged by the excess oil?

Reply to
Josh

I would think the connecting rods slapping through the oil would cut the power down.

Reply to
Glenn

That's correct. That's one... the other is foaming oil reduces oil to critical area causing higher than normal friction.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
mpb