Vacuum Pump Conversion

Is there an electric vacuum pump conversion for the '81 300TD Turbo or has anyone ever done this? Even if there was never a conversion kit, I'm thinking I could gather the parts to do this cheaper than fixing my current pump.

Reply to
Absolutely

Knew a guy who did that once on a Plymouth Roadrunner which had such a radical cam he could hardly get the vacuum he needed at idle. He put a

12-volt vacuum pump in the trunk with a 2-gallon steel tank and ran a line forward. That was enough to get him enough to activate the brake booster which was his main concern. Not sure what else he need that vacuum for but I'm sure that mgiht help solve the problem.
Reply to
The earnest one

try to find an ALTERNATOR for an ISUZU PK. DIESEL.

if i am not mistaken the pump was on the tail of the ALT. the only thing it had to run was the brakes

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Why trying to look for an alternator if the local alternator shop can rebuild it for you?

Reply to
Tiger

I think he mentioned it because tht alternator has a vacuum pump on the back of it.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

Oh... that's interesting... never heard of that.

Reply to
Tiger

yah my isuzu if i am not mistaken had the vacuum pump on the tail of the ALT .

now i could be wrong because it was an 85 and that was a long time ago. tough little buggers but the bodies FELL OFF.

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man