Water in an E320

For the second time I heard water sloshing about in the rocker panels of my

1998 E320. The rubber drain plugs were blocked again - when I poked all four of them out with a pencil about a gallon or more of water ran out both sides. My mechanic said cut the holes in the rubber bungs larger. Who designed this POS? My old 190E never played submarine!

Cheers,

Roger

Reply to
Engineer

There is something inside the door that is blocking the holes. Only cure is to remove the door panel and cleaning out the inside cavity of the door. Had this problem before on other cars.

paul

Reply to
Paul McKechnie

It's not in the door. The water is in the bodywork below the door along the length between the wheels (almost.) The rubber "bungs" (with holes in them) are under the car.

Cheers,

Roger

Reply to
Engineer

Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't know what to do about that.

Paul

84 500SEL
Reply to
Paul McKechnie