Wrong windscreen ?

I have a 1996 W210 (E230) and the front windscreen broke and had to be replaced. After I had taken delivery of the car I found that the new windscreen doesn't fit perfectly. There is a gap of about 1/4 inch between the driver side pillar and the corresponding side of the windscreen glass (although the gap is covered by the rubber moulding). The passenger side has no such gap, the pillar touches the side of the glass. I suspect that the shop had given me the wrong windscreen. The part number inscribed on the windscreen is :

43R 001047 AS1M 83-3 DOT 25 VSG WD 2121

Can someone tell me if I have got the right windscreen ?

Reply to
kingsley

Sounds like the screen has been fitted wrongly, there should be an even gap all the way round, 1/4" sounds too much and it shouldn't touch any of the metal.

Reply to
Mick J