Interchangability?

I have a 69 B-GT. Years ago, the clutch slave cylinder failed, putting me in a situation where I had to shift without it, to get out of a tow away zone. I managed to chip a syncro (or something), as it now has a distinctive tick when I shift into 3rd (up or down). They told me you can't break an MG transmission, but I did it.

I came into a transmission from a 1976 B. Are they interchangable?

Thank you,

uncle kenny

Reply to
uncle kenny

The gearbox changed in 1967. After that date they stayed the same to the end. If your car is later than 139472, which it is, if the year you quote is correct , no problems. The only question / gotya is if one has overdrive and the other doesn't.

Dave B

Reply to
Dave B

The only question / gotya is if one has overdrive and

Thanks Dave, that major factor hadn't crossed my mind. Mine is without. I believe the other is too.... I'll make sure, before I do anything drastic.

Unc

Reply to
uncle kenny

the starter motor. You may even make a shift into 2nd or 3rd if the engine doesn't fire. ...............

Next time, I'll let them tow it. It'll be better for the car. It was one of those "school of hard knocks" learning experiences.

Unc

Reply to
uncle kenny