Miserable MG Bastards.....

So there I was, at 11.25am just passing Scailing Dam on the A171 with the top down in the TF, when heading the other way towards Whitby came a convoy of around 10 various classic and modern MGs. I waved at each of them, and only ONE in (what looked like) a BTG bothered to wave back.

Miserable gits, ought to be a law against them.....

:(

Reply to
Mat Overton

Acknowledging the existence of other sportcars on the road seems to be a thing of the past. In the 60s and 70s waves were the order of the day between drivers of anything vaguely sporting, but these days folks look at you like you've gone mad.

Motorcyclists seem to retain the old fellowship to a great extent, but the Harley crowd will often only respond to those riding similar stoneage, overweight mechanical oil dispensers.

KH Canada. "Mat Overton lealholm.co.uk>" So there I was, at 11.25am just passing Scailing Dam on the A171 with the

Reply to
Kevin Hall

I don't do too badly normally, the odd wave comes back when I pass, so I would have thought those in a convoy were obviously traditionalists and would have been more likely to wave back.

Reply to
Mat Overton

Well, waving at new MG's is a moot point for us in the States... But I personally don't wave to newer sports car drivers in Miatas and Z3/ Z4's. Frankly, most of them are driven by people that don't buy them as sports cars but status symbols. And the Miatas in particular seem to keep their hard tops on all year round! I have even overheard a female Z4 owner complaining about how messy her hair got the one time she drove with the top down!!

I do, however, wave at Triumphs!

Dan D '76 B Driver '65 B Project Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58