Latest threads in MG Sports Carsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

mgb roadster
i own an 1970 mgb roadster and have noticed the core plugs on the block are weeping water slightly,how do i go about replacing them?
4
4

MGB best Carb?
I just purchased my first MG, which is a 1977 MGB. The car needs a rebuild because the car has been sitting for several years. It has the original Zenith carb on it, and several people have told me to...
4
4

Range Rover MG heresy?
I've googled for this on your newsgroup, and have found nothing that addresses this question, so here goes. I have a 1988 Range Rover 3.5, which is mechanically sound but no longer has a straight...
9
9

Oils Shelf Life
According to the Engine Oil Bible, ,the shelf life for "Engine Oils and Transmission Oils" is only 3years. Presumably this is for unopened sealed containers and wouldalso include ATF. This seems...

Oil pressure up and down (MGB GT 1974)
Hello all, as the title says, I have 74 MGB GT. I think the timing could do with a tweak (some misfires when I'm pulling off), but the thing that's worrying me is that when I pull away in first and...
4
4

ignition light not working
Hi there I have a 67 MGB GT and the ignition light is not working (does not come on when ignition is turned on). The bulb is working and will come on when i earth the holder but then stays on all the...
2
2

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
Hi all, The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The current version is 5.5, dated May 6, 2006 and can be found on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, tips, manufacturer's information,...

e85 and a "stock" 1966 MGB
I have a 1966 MGB and have been running lead-added fuel in it. As that is becoming (?) illegal here, I'm looking at using other fuels in it. 85% ethanol is a popular and relatively inexpensive fuel...
4
4

How do you remove an MGB stearing wheel?
I am replacing the horn /high beam/ turn signal lever on my 1978 MGB. I cant seem to get the stearing wheel off the column. I have already bought a new stearing wheel in case I damage this one but it...
4
4

Midget wanted
Hi there. Just on the off chance someone is selling a midget, I'm looking for a sound midget with full 12 months MOT. I have the cash ready (around =A32500) and would like a 1275 chrome bumper if...
2
2

Engine replacement
I have recently purchased a second hand engine for my MG TF 52 reg ( the old one has failing head gasket!) it has only done 7000 miles as is perfect order. A local garage is telling me that the...
2
2

Replacing an MGB-GT Headliner
Hello all, I need to replace the headliner in my '66 MGB-GT. I've purchased the kit from Moss Motors, but am at a loss as to how to proceed. Has anyone undertaken this ordeal, and do you have any...
2
2

item for sale?
can I post items for sale on this newsgroup ( a MGF Hardtop) ? Peter
3
3

Mikunis on MGs
Has anyone else here tried using Mikunis on a B in place of the original SUs? When the HS4s on my ' 70 B-GT got past the point of another sensible rebuild I investigated options for replacement. New...

1974 MGB - engine and gear box oil recommendation
Hi all, I have a 1974 MGB GT (last of the chrome bumbers) and could use a recomendation as to what oil I should use in the engine and gear box. As I understand, the gear box takes normal engine oil ?...
3
3