Run flat winter tires

Hi everyone,

What happens to the tire pressure sensor if I replace my 195/55R16 run-flat summer tires with regular winter tires on a 15-inch rim?

TIA,

Jo

Reply to
Jo Chang

Nothing. The tire pressure sensor isn't really a pressure sensor. It works off of the anti-lock braking system wheel speed sensors. The "tire pressure" sensor compares diagonal wheel speeds (i.e. Front-right and Rear-left) to each other, and then compares that difference to the value that's "set" when you reset the system (button under the E-brake lever). Therefore, it doesn't matter one whit what kind nor size of tires you use.

Rich

Reply to
Richard