Cam Shaft options

Hello

Planning on doing some work to my mini at the end of the summer. Its a

1275 with a LCB and RC40, alloy inlet manifold and a 1.75" HIF44 carb.

I dont want to fit a webber carb and was planning on getting some bigger valves put in the head as I spent some time gas flowing it a while ago.

I would like it to have a smooth idle as its only a road car, but Ive never changed the cam on a mini before and was wondering what profile cam to get.

cheers

-anthony

Reply to
Anthony

what do you want the car to do go like power or top end

Reply to
jacko

Only really interested in up to 5000rpm

ok

cheers

-anthony

Reply to
Anthony

(Hope this doesn't appear twice, Turnpike seems to have swallowed an outgoing message!)

Not a 276 if you stay below 5000 rpm. I suggest a standard MG Metro cam or a Megadyne 266.

The sensible solution is to go for 1.5:1 rockers though. That will have more effect at low rpm.

Reply to
Chris Morriss

Would you use the roller rockers instead of the cam or as well as ?

-anthony

Reply to
Anthony