Dim dip

Dear guys,

How is the floor mounted dim dip switch fitted to the floor? I don't fancy drilling holes in a freshly painted floor. It is a retro look loom I am ordering so it isn't a question of accuracy.

If it is, how else could I do dim dip with a mk1 column and switch panel?

Cheers

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Hi Muff, IIRC , there where 2 small holes drilled in the floor, with 2 nut and bolts fixing it in ,I think the bolts were 2BA size, I recall as an apprentice, having to hold a screwdriver on the bolt while some one else fitted the nuts, until some one decided to weld a bolt on either end of a 3" piece of welding wire, then bent in to shape, fitted to the switch and pushed through the floor, this only took 1 person to fit it, the wiring loom ran straight up past the clutch pedal if I recall, You could always mount it on a piece of wood and silicone the wood to the floor ?? Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Oops,,,, did I say silicone,,,,,,,, I meant panel bond............ Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

cheers for the info. will look into alternatives

the muffin man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Hey Muffy, how did you get on with the dim,dip switch ? Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Have decided to just get on with it. I need to get in touch with them now and order it.

Will do that now....

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man