fitting scuttle corner repair panels

Hi
Is it necessary to remove the windscreen to fit these?
thanks Gary

Yes. You may get v small 'spits' of weld material which embed themselves in the screen. Also some repair panels include the lip onto which the rubber screen seal mounts - meaning the screen needs removing.
Chris

Well: depends if you are fitting the whole panel or not - often you can cut down the repair panel to the size of all you need to do you own repair to the car... if its the 'wingside' thats corroded then why fit the whole panel for example??
TTFN, Dave

During a trip to Minis With Attitude (sadly gone), the bloke advised that it was probably easier to replace the whole panel across the bottom of the screen than footer about with the corner repair panels - mind you, that might be because I need to do both sides....I'm ages away from that anyway - 4 years into the stop/start resto and I'm still not finished at the back end.

would agree with that - the complete scuttle replacement panel from the likes of Heritage does fit well and is pretty straight forward to fit - certanly easier (imho) than doing 2 corner pieces...
TTFN, Dave
Yes, and respray it all. if you don't you will need a new pair within the year.
The Muffin Man

and don't forget to go mad with the waxoyl!