new mini shop needs a name!

Nice language....Why don't you just go back, to the future. You probably are still wearing bell-bottoms and sport a mustache.

Mark

Reply to
madmax

future........

Well why not? 1960's/70's fashions are all the go these days and for me, well I don't think there's anything quite as cute as seeing a girl in a Mini-Skirt and Kinky Boots! Groovy!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

message

True ;O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

I remember a photo of Brigette Bardot leaning over a Mini dressed in a tight sweater. Anyone know where I can find it?

I google and found this

Its all thereBrigette Bardot, mini skirt, kinky boots but the Mini is missing. Peter

Reply to
TurboJo

Yes that does very look hot! And Brigette did inspire other 1960's/1970's beauties like actress Katy Manning of Doctor Who fame and of course singer/actress Marianne Faithful (yes she was a stunner in the 60's and there's archive footage of her being filmed and photographed while she's waiting by her then boyfried Mick Jagger's black Mini Cooper S, which is parked outside a court, because he's inside facing drugs charges. Anyway he's acquitted and he leaves court and they both jump in the Mini and shoot off down the road.

no Mini's, but you get the idea? Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Gees mate, what ever you call it don't call it anything like a Bloody New Mini Shop or the Pommy censors will be all over you too..

Pierre

Reply to
pierre

Oh yes and there's a Mini connection with Katy Manning's character Jo Grant in Doctor Who too, well sadly you never saw it in the show, but according to one of the novels from her time, she did indeed drive a lovely white Mini!

Anyway their currently repeating all the Jon Pertwee era of Doctor Who on UKTV Gold on Saturday and Sunday mornings (starts at about 7am I think?) so set your video's or DVD recorders and enjoy seeing Jo in all her groovy, cute, adorable and damned sexy glory!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

All the stars drove Minis in those days. Just rewatched 'A shot in the dark' - the second 'Pink Panther' movie - which features Peter Sellers' own Radford Mini.

Several Mini references in the Beatles Anthology. They all had them.

Back to Minis in advertising, anyone spotted the clothes ad (M and S) with Twiggy and a flower-power Mini?

Reply to
David Betts

Yes but the lovely Twiggy has been associated with Mini's since the 1960's, well she advertised them for years, she even had a song in the charts in the late 1970's that was used in a BL Mini advert and even though Lulu (another Mini advertiser/fan) drove the last Mini off the Longbridge production line, Twiggy popped in too and was on the news stating how she always loved Mini's and it's something as a nation we should be proud of and how she planned on buying one of the last and keeping it forever.

Anyway I can just imagine Twiggy insisting a real Mini get featured in that M&S ad, oh bless!

Oh and you can see some truly mind blowing and rare photographs of The Beatles and their Mini's here:-

pop stars and celebrities have always taken to the Mini not just in the1960's, the rock band Ocean Colour Scene all had Mini's in one of theirvideo's, Betty Boo (Alison Clarkson, remember her?) had a Mini and so did Noel Gallagher of Oasis's girlfriend too! Anyway that's just off the top ofmy head.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Thanks. Site visited and bookmarked. Great pix.

Reply to
David Betts

Yeh, if you don't mind all the pop-ups and pictures of people who are either dead or has-beens. Groovy baby!

Reply to
Madmax

If you use a decent browser and have it properly set up you don't see pop-ups. Still, I suppose those of us who remember when motor racing was dangerous, sex was safe and the music changed the world have to make allowances for you children.

Reply to
David Betts

Or Yanks who have no history and have to rip-off famous bands and famous movie's, like say "The Italian Job" and "Get Carter" for starters.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Now children play nice, after all the bloke just wanted some ideas for a name of a new mini shop not world war 111. Pierre

Reply to
pierre

Music changed the world, My Ass! Music is music. Maybe it was the LSD you were on, that changed "your" world. By the way, I have a great browser set up perfectly. It's just a crappy web site. The fricking beatles, more popular than God. I think not! Spoiled draft dodgers. American music rocks, british music, yuk.

Reply to
madmax

What bands, are we ripping off, Taffy? As far as no history, buy some books! We have plenty of history, for example, kicking your ass!

Reply to
Mark

Taffy, why is it that you constantly try to put down Americans? Are we not allies? Do we not share the same goals of Freedom? Just wanted to know because it seems like you really have a bug up your ass. Happy St. Pattys day!

Mark

Reply to
madmax

Can we leave out the knee-jerk anti-Americanism please, Taffy. Some of our greatest Mini enthusiasts are US citizens. One of them founded this group. Just because our resident troll is an American doesn't mean we have to tar them all with the same brush. |t's not even clever.

Reply to
David Betts

Well The Monkees was a blatant rip-off of The Beatles for starters, but i'm not complaining as I quite like The Monkees too and their 1968 movie Head is rather good as it happens, okay it's a bit odd, but the music is excellent! And okay I didn't mean to knock Americans as such, I just think Madmax was a bit rude to knock The Beatles that's all.

Reply to
Taffy

Well as you didn't live in the UK in the 1960's, then obviously you wouldn't know that yes the music by bands like The Beatles and fashion and culture really changed Britain and many other countries around the world too. As for the UK, at the start of the 1960's, we were still really getting over the effects of WW2 and it was a very grey and to some extents poor and damaged country. Then when the 60's kicked in with The Beatles, 1960's optimism, Mini car and Mini Skirt, psychedelia, suddently the future looked good and everyone thought they'd be holidaying on the moon quite soon. Anyway the 1970's happened and we got industrial action and power cuts and punk rock and it all went tit shaped, but we still had the Mini, that's the main thing!

Oh and Britain never entered the pointless Vietnam war anyway, so why call The Beatles draft dodgers exactly? And yes they were indeed bigger than God or Jesus or whatever back then! Anyway I think Elvis is greatly overated myself and apart from The Doors, The Byrds, Crosby Stills & Nash and a few other bands from the 1960's, we really have the best music here in Britain. Still not convinced, well how about the mighty Pink Floyd? Their 1973 album Dark Side Of The Moon was in the US charts for years!

So stick that in your Pipe and smoke it!

Reply to
Taffy