Rear Brake Backplate question please

Can anyone advise please?

Assembling the handbrake cable brackets to the rear brake backplates on my 79 CE and the Mini Sport illustration calls for two spacers between the bracket and the backplate. Mini Sport illustration shows it - Moss doesn't appear to.

Does anyone know how thick these spacers need to be please? I assume they are to offset the bracket from the backplate - but it would help if I knew how much offset is called for.

Looks as though it would align the cable differntly if used and also not allow the bracket to mate with the back plate along its length.

I don't recall seeing them when I dismantled the beast but that was a long time ago :-)

Many thanks

Peter

Reply to
Pedro

I'm looking at the green Haynes and I don't see anything.

Reply to
mwalsh

They are 2 plain washers I believe?

Taffy