Latest threads in Mini Classic discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Do we need to make a newsgroup for each make?????help!
Ok....... A is for Austin B is for BMW If we all fail to use the correct groups to post in then I might as well send this one off to Why would I want to read posts about the BMW MINI when I am...
30
30

Cam timing questions,
Just fitted a Kent 286 to my 1275 MG Metro engine, do I need a adjustable cam sprocket, and where can I get the data for setting it up, Thanks Fitzy
1
1

Riviera run 2006 Photos
Some shots from the Riviera run, spot your car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Fitzy
13
13

Rev counter problems
just fitted a smiths 3" rev counter to the pickup, it does work, but reads 4000rpm at IDLE - ie around 4 times as much as it should. Its a smiths RVI 1003/00 if that helps, i have tried wiring it to...
2
2

Newbie here... Go easy on me! :)
Hi all! This is my first time here. Looks like it could be a fun group... well, with a few exceptions I suppose, but it's that way in any group, right? I'm an American from Florida. I just bought a...
31
31

spot lamp brackets
Hi guys does anyone know of anywhere that does 2 up, 2 down spot lamp brackets for rounded front mini cheers
1
1

Temp gauge problem
My temperature gauge shows hot as soon as you turn the car on. I've replaced the clock and the sender, but it's still showing the wrong reading. Could this be due to a faulty voltage stabiliser?...
2
2

Monte Carlo Rally 1965-1966
Anyone know if there is a DVD of this? I know there is a video, can it be downloaded?
1
1

Could anyone help me with Smiths Tachometer wiring for Mini 1000?
I have 1976 Mini 1000. My father gave me old Smiths Tachometer for my car but he doesn't know how to wire it. I have wires for it but no clue how to connect it. Front View View (white wire with black...
8
8

ignition coil wiring
hello people, on my 1981 998cc someone has fitted a lumenition electronic ignition kit to replace the points. - great , but looking at the wiring diagrams it seems they have swapped the + and - over...
1
1

Lakes tour application form
If anyone is interested in this brilliant mini run, taking in some of the best views from the Cumbrian mountains, and covering 3 of the highest mountain passes in England, then here's your chance to...

Starting an engine out of the car
Hi guys, Just after a little advice. Had an engine stood in my garage for a year or 2, before I fit it to the car I was gonna try and start it up on the bench. Any thing i should watch out for, safety...
3
3

Rear Light Seals
Anyone know where I can get the rear light seal body to silver lamp surround both Left and right hand for a Mk5 Mini. The ones I bought from Moss are for their light clusters and are smaller than the...
2
2

Clutch puller ?
Hi folks, I'm in the middle of a 1275 strip down, engine is out and on the floor,, got the clutch puller on and wound up tight, starter off out of the way, tried smacking the flywheel and the clutch...
13
13

Troll person
Hi, im Nicky I have been a passive observer here watching many of the exchanges of certain people in this group, being American I take offence at all the comments directed at my Country, we are far...
16
16