2002 Eclipse Manual - Car won't start, I think its immobilized.

I tried to start my car and it cranked but didn't start. Then the alarm started to go off, and so I deinstalled the alarm. I hear clicking noises from under the hood by the fuses and the starter won't even crank anymore. I read up on the manual and the closest to the answer was the immobilizing system. Problem is that, even with the master key the car won't start. What the hell!

Reply to
Red_ed

Turn your headlights on and try and start your car. If the lights die out, check your battery.

Reply to
nirodac

"Red_ed" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I would tend to agree with nirodac that your problem is likely the battery. Whether the battery itself is bad or something is producing too much current drain when you're not in the car and as a result draining the battery of its charge is another issue.

Reply to
Scott Zane