92 Eagle Summit Wagon any others still there?

My family purchased this vehicle the first year it was released in Canada. Our's is a 5 speed manual with the larger 2.4 L engine. We have about 160 thousand km.

We are on our second clutch, and have had the front stabilizer ball joints replaced a couple of times.

It has always been a big consumer of oil.

Just wondering if there are other 1992s out there?

-- Doug Mitchell (jmjm at sympatico dot ca)

Reply to
Doug Mitchell

I've had a 93 AWD 5-speed 2.4L for 2 years. It uses a lot of oil too. Main culprit is the valve stem seals. Its done 180k km, and clutch is original AFAIK.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Nice to hear from you Stewart. What is involved in rectifying fixing the "valve stem seals"? Would it just be better to check the oil frequently and then add when needed?

-- Doug Mitchell (jmjm at sympatico dot ca)

Reply to
Doug Mitchell

'95 AWD 2.4, 130K miles, original clutch..burns about 1qt in 3000mi. Bought it new. Best car of my life......99.9% trouble free!

Reply to
Outlander

We have a '94 AWD wagon with 123k miles on it. Runs like a top, doesn't burn any oil to speak of, super vehicle. Bought it second hand from a friend of a friend when they wanted to sell it because I'd wanted to buy one back when these were on the market and hadn't. :-)

- Kev> My family purchased this vehicle the first year it was released in Canada.

Reply to
kevmck

Does anyone know how many Eagle Summit (non-wagons) were sold in the past? It'd be interesting to know how successful a car 100% as good as a Civic/Corolla can fare in the marketplace without a brand name. Offhand, I'd say I see two Summits per year, and about 20 Civics in a day, implying a ratio of 3,650 to 1.

Reply to
Crunchy Cookie