Montero Sport 98

My compressor has locked up and I have been told I must get a new part. I have shopped around and have been told (by Firestone, who gave me the best price) that the part is $800. After asking about the high price, they said that the compressor for this particular car is unusually high.

Is this a correct price for the compressor of a Montero Sport 98?

Thanks for any information!

Reply to
Gene Moon

Malcom Gillette