93 Talon/Expo AWD LH axle hanger bearing

I have to replace the LH front axle hanger bearing on both my 93 AWD Expo and project car, and the dealer price for the complete assembly is C$230. My workshop manual shows bearings and seal "kits" but they are not listed by Chrylser

Has anyone been able to locate compatible hanger bearings and seals from bearing suppliers, or am I stuck with the dealer?

Stewart DIBBS

Canada

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

stewart, i have never had a problem with this part. did water get to the bearing?

Reply to
simpleton

Northern winter climate. Both bearings are loose and run rough.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
simpleton

More power to you! I found one of four at a wrecker that was in usable shape. I took the hanger apart this morning, and the bearing is a simple

62.0 od x 32.0 id x 16 mm wide single row ball type. It makes good sense to fix this now while the axles are out of the car, rather than take them out again later.

I've noted all the part numbers, so its off to the local bearing service on Monday. Hopefully the only issue is whether I can find the right or compatible seals. It really peaves me to have to pay $214 for bits (assuming I can find them elsewhere for maybe $50.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

C$32 for the lot. Saved $200 on the dealer price, which seems to have includes the hanger bearing carrier too.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Reply to