Hanger Bearing

My mechanic tells me the hanger bearing on my 95 Legacy LSi is going. A call to the dealer reveals you can't buy one... you need the whole assembly including driveshaft and universals for $780 Cdn! Ouch.

They told me they used to know a shop where the fellow could replace just the bearing but that he's now out of business.

Any suggestions? It's looking like WAY over $1,000 here considering tax, labour etc. I'm in the Ottawa, On area.

Thanks!

Reply to
Ottawa Sube

No suggestions, but I would like to know what a «hanger bearing» is. Thanks in advance. Gilles

Reply to
Gilles Gour

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:33:41 -0500, Gilles Gour wrote: a.

It supports the drive shaft to the rear end.

Reply to
Ottawa Sube

It might be worth trying to pull one from the scrap yard if you can find one in good shape.

Stu

Reply to
Stu Hedith

Found a used driveshaft/universals/hanger bearing at a scrapyard for $250. Still a lot more than a bearing would have cost but way better than $780!

Reply to
none