99 Mirage A/C compressor not starting

99 Mirage A/C compressor wont start. I turn it on inside, the light on the AC button comes on but the compressor wont start. The last time it worked it was blowing cold. I also did not find a fuse for this. Has anyone seen this before?

Thx, R

Reply to
Rishi Pilani via CarKB.com

Compressor relay might be bad. On my daughter's '00 the relays are in a box just forward of the right front strut tower. FWIW YMMV DFB

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Hello Mister Skippy,

Thanks for your reply. I will try and find them. I am not very car repair savvy, so i hope you can help me out with this:

  1. Did your daughter's car have a similar problem?
  2. How can i check a relay?

Thanks a lot, R

Reply to
Rishi Pilani via CarKB.com

No problem with my daughter's car. I just checked the service manual in an effort to assist. If the different relays are of equal value you might try switching them around to see if it makes any difference. FWIW YMMV DFB

Reply to
MisterSkippy

I am having the same problem with my 99 Montero. Compressor light comes on but no cool air, intermittent, sometimes it cools great and sometimes not at all. I know it is no help, but I can sympathize with you. Taking ti to the dealer tomorrow, cross my fingers, maybe it is just a faulty switch.

Good Luck, GC

Reply to
GC2