After market spark plug wires on 91 eclipse Bad idea?

a couple of shops have told me that they "dont recomend" after-market spark plug wires for my 91 mits eclipse. do these guys get a kick-back
from mits, or is there really a problem using after-market. i just use my old eclipse to drive to work, not for high performance racing. will after-market cause problems, change the timing or just not deliver the juice?
thanx for any words of wisdom.
Peter
spark plug wires once they achieve a certain level of performing at a 100% rate will not contribute to your performance. If the stock wires deliver 100% of the spark energy now , because they are well made and even have reserve capacity buit in, how can "better" wires make it better?
You can buy crummier wires. like you could put on walmart wires and it may not even run.