Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero/Montero BRAKE DISKS!

I am somewhat hacked off by a problem with my Mitsubishi Shogun (UK). I have had the vehicle now for 18 months from new (3.2 DiD LWB) During which time I have had 3 sets of brake disks fitted (All under warrenty I am glad to say).

The issue is they warp within a few weeks and all due to "normal" use. I don't tow anything and no "canon ball runs" either.

Today the car has gone in for its 27K mile service and again the disks have warped and again I have had the response from the dealer that they will first skim them on the vehicle (hindsight tells me this is a complete waste of time)which usually worsens the problem which means the vehicle goes back after a few days for another set of disks.

I am happy the dealer is picking up the costs but pretty hacked off that they are not able to remedy the problem.

So my concerns are that the issue is not with the disks but with the hubs. Also that the vibration caused by the warped disks may put stress on other parts of the vehicle these combined with the continual trek back to the dealer.

Does anyone in this group have any experience or similar issues which they have been able to remedy....Any help/advice much appreciated

AJ

snipped-for-privacy@auto-id-resource.co.uk

Reply to
John

Warping is usually due to too much heat. Are the rear brakes operating properly? If not, then the front brakes are doing all the braking. Thus, generating all the heat.

Also try

Everything after the @ is spelled backwards.

Reply to
mark gramlich

my '01 montero (2.5yrs old, 55k miles) has experienced no such brake issues.

i was warned that due to the vehicle weight, it would consume pads rapidly (fronts as often as 20k miles) and that resurfacing the rotors is imperative when changing pads. i'm happy to report that at the current mileage it's just now due for pads, and surprisingly the rears are about as equally worn as the fronts.

fwiw,

dookie

Reply to
dookie