Montero Won't Start

About a year ago I jumped in my 99 Montero Sport and it wouldn't start. No sound, nothing. I jiggled my automatic gear shifter around a little and it started. The jiggling worked for a year. I finally took it in the dealership because the jiggling stopped and the brakes locked up in parked position. They said they really weren't sure what was causing it, but recommended a replacement of the interlock cable. The minute I picked it up from the dealership, it would not start. Any ideas as to what else this could be so I can help the mechanic at the dealership actually fix the problem? I am taking it in tonight so any answers asap woudl be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
llarosa

sound, nothing. I jiggled my automatic gear shifter around a little and it started. The jiggling worked for a year. I finally took it in the dealership because the jiggling stopped and the brakes locked up in parked position. They said they really weren't sure what was causing it, but recommended a replacement of the interlock cable. The minute I picked it up from the dealership, it would not start. Any ideas as to what else this could be so I can help the mechanic at the dealership actually fix the problem? I am taking it in tonight so any answers asap woudl be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Are you sure they're Mitsu dealer? Go to a different dealer. It's interlock problem but not the cable. Electrical switch/solenoid... Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Well Tony, they apparently misunderstood me last time. Today they figured out it is a worn inhibitor switch. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
llarosa